A commitment to environmental responsibility.
At Hornet Press we take our environmental responsibilities very seriously. We have strict environmental standards in place. These include:
- The use of vegetable based inks that do not contain potentially harmful chemicals.
- A large range of recycled, environmentally friendly, chlorine and acid-free papers, from sustainable forestry practices are available.
- All water and chemicals used on presses are separated and disposed of safely according to EPA standards.
- We use computer to plate (CTP) technology to minimise the necessity for film and chemicals.
- All paper, aluminium and other waste products are separated for recycling.
- We also carefully consider requirements for each and every job and use appropriate energy efficient machines to suit.
- We manage our factory efficiently with minimal waste, and always recycle materials wherever possible.
- We utilise and generate our own solar electricity to power our facilities.